Enjoy healthy vegetarian dishes and a wide selection of homemade jams and pickles that incorporate fresh local produce in a delectable way. As part of its commitment to sustainability, Feynan Ecolodge strives to acquire its produce and ingredients as much as possible from nearby shops and farms. The bread served at the lodge is supplied by Um Khalid, a Bedouin mother of five from the local community who bakes the flat bread (known as shraak in Arabic) fresh each day on a traditional half moon shaped oven or saj.
Our ‘Feynan Experience’ package is inclusive of meals including:
- Breakfast: A traditional Arabic breakfast buffet is served on our terrace (weather permitting) including local bread and homemade jams and falafel. Dining in the early morning light of the valley is a pleasure as you watch the wadi come to life and the local shepherds taking their goats out for the day’s grazing
- Light lunch or lunchbox: A selection of Arabic mezze-style plates including fresh salads, handmade bread and local dishes with a daily changing menu. If you are out on an excursion we will arrange for a lunchbox to take with you with a choice of sandwiches to be enjoyed in the wilderness as part of your eco-experience. Lunchboxes should be arranged the night before with our staff
- Dinner: A three course vegetarian buffet dinner of locally-inspired dishes is served on our terrace under the stars or in our dining room by flickering candle light. Our local chefs prepare a daily selection of vegetarian dishes adapted from traditional Arabic and Bedouin cuisine.
- Morning and afternoon refreshments: including filter coffee, locally made speciality teas and fresh fruit juices
- Complimentary mineral water at any time to refill your bottles before an excursion or revitalise yourself after a hike.
A small café menu is also available outside of mealtimes serving a selection of drinks, sandwiches, salads and desserts.
Kindly note, that we do not serve alcohol out of consideration and respect for the local community’s wishes. Guests may bring their own, however, we request that they are discreet and service their own beverages.
Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements when making your booking.