We think the best way to experience Feynan is to try a little bit of everything. Our ‘Feynan experience’ all-inclusive price allows you to experience a taste of everything Feynan has to offer with full board and activities whilst staying at the lodge. Book directly via our online booking engine to get the best rate (reservations).
The Feynan experience package includes:
- candle lit, ensuite room
- candle-lit vegetarian buffet dinner of locally inspired food
- delicious Arabic style breakfast buffet served on our terrace (weather dependent)
- light mezze style lunch or lunchbox if on an excursion
- a range of activities including guided hikes, cooking demonstrations, Bedouin experiences, sunset hike and stargazing (activities schedule changes daily. Activities involving the local community attract a small supplementary fee).
- morning and afternoon coffee station with local teas and filter coffee
- mineral water refills at any time
- entrance fee for the Dana Nature Reserve
We believe in being transparent, so here’s what is not included:
- conservation fee (mandatory) charged as 4 JD per adult & 2 JD per child per stay (not per night) which goes directly towards conservation work in the Dana Biosphere Reserve
- transfer from the reception centre to the lodge. Feynan is 8km from the nearest paved road and this journey should be done in a 4x4 or high clearance vehicle. Transfers to and from the reception centre are provided by the local Bedouin community and can be booked at the time of your reservation
- bike hire
- activities involving the local community are included but have a small supplementary fee (3 – 5 JD per person per activity / minimum charge of 3 participants). This money is collected by Feynan but goes directly to the family that you are visiting helping to spread the benefit of tourism in the area of Feynan.
- any transfers for guests and guides as part of any hike
- private guided hikes are not included and should be booked separately
Relax, star gaze, hike, mountain bike, and discover the magnificent Dana Biosphere Reserve from an elegant lodge perched where the mountains and desert meet. Explore four thousand year old mine shafts and navigate through canyons with a Bedouin guide by your side. Visit Bedouin families and learn about their traditions and daily life. Spend quality time in the outdoors with family and friends. Even better is that many activities are included in the price of your stay. Check out the activities section for more details.
Check-in time is 3:00 pm. If you arrive earlier, and your room is not ready, you are welcome to leave your bags in the lobby while you explore. Check-out is at 11:00 am.
Feynan Ecolodge’s electricity is solar-generated. There is limited electricity to light the guest bathrooms, kitchen, phone system, and other crucial functions. There are no electrical outlets in guest rooms. Cell phones, cameras and laptops can be recharged at the front desk. Guests wishing to use their laptops are welcome to work in the comfortable lobby area while charging.
There is a strong Umniah signal at the lodge. Orange and Zain have patchy coverage in certain locations. We request that guests refrain from using their mobile phones in the common areas outside the lobby though to preserve the tranquil atmosphere.
Complimentary limited WiFi internet is available in the lobby area.
Due to the remoteness of the lodge, we can only accept cash for payments most days. While we do have Visa and MasterCard machines at Feynan, we sometimes are unable to make a connection to process payments. It is advised to bring cash to pay. Cash payments are accepted in Jordanian dinars, euros, pounds sterling and US dollars.
If you wish to tip our staff for good service, you can place a tip in an envelope provided at the lodge and drop this in the box at the front desk. If you want to recognise a particular member(s) of staff, please put their name(s) or team name (e.g. ‘kitchen’) on the envelope. All tip money goes directly to the staff and, unless specified with a name, is distributed fairly.
No, the Reserve Entrance Fee is included in the room rate. You will, however, need to pay the conservation fee, which is 4JD per adult and 2JD per child for the duration of your stay (this is charged per stay, not per night and is added to your bill).
Smoking is not allowed at the lodge or any of its facilities. Guests, however, can smoke outside the lodge in a special seating area.
All rooms have their own en-suite private shower and bathroom and thanks to our extensive solar thermal water heating system, hot water is available all day.
Yes. Feynan Ecolodge is open all year round. During the months of July and August when it can become quite hot, guests are welcome to sleep on the rooftop terrace, which is cooler than the rooms and offers a magical place to watch the shooting stars.
Feynan Ecolodge is 8km from the nearest paved road and we recommend that guests only use 4x4 or high clearance vehicles to access the lodge along this off road track. There is lots of information including directions on our travel pages. If you are not driving in a high clearance/4x4 vehicle, we can arrange transportation between the reception centre and Feynan Ecolodge. Please let us know at the time of your booking.
A local community transfer scheme is available to transport you the last 8km to the lodge. Local Bedouin drivers will take you in their own 4x4 from the reception centre to the lodge. They provide this service in their spare time to earn a supplementary income and 100% of the money paid for this transfer goes to the drivers. Please note that some of the vehicles are old and are well worn from travelling over the rugged landscape. The drive can be uncomfortable as the road is rough in parts, and we apologise for that. But the ride comes with a warm welcome and we are confident you will find the experience is worth it. This project supports 45 local families.
The transfer costs 14.50 JD per car of up to four people. The price per trip will be added to your bill at checkout. The full amount of your transportation fee goes directly to your driver to help support the local community. As such, there is no need to tip the driver.
Please do not pay your driver directly. The rotation and payment of the drivers is managed fully by EcoHotels. The charge for the transport will be invoiced to you at check-out. All the money that you pay for your transfer goes directly to the Bedouin driver. As all you pay goes to the driver, tipping is not mandatory. Transfer rates are priced for point to point transportation. If you request your driver to stop so that you can photograph or enjoy a view, it is a kind gesture to tip the driver for his time.
Pets from outside the reserve are forbidden anywhere within the reserve. Feynan is located inside the Dana Biosphere Reserve. There are both wild and domesticated animals living around the lodge, however the reserve’s conservation policy means that no additional animals are allowed. Thank you for your understanding and your support.
At present EcoHotels only operates Feynan Ecolodge, but is studying additional opportunities for ecolodges in Jordan and throughout the Middle East.